A few minutes from Le Green Des Impressionnistes stands Auvers-sur-Oise. Whether you are a lover of paintings or architectural curiosities, you will spend pleasant moments, borrowed from history and beauty.
Searching for culture? Eclectic museums await you:
- The Daubigny museum exhibits impressionists’ masters’ works on the ground floor and hosts temporary exhibitions on the first floor.
- Auvers-sur-Oise castle offers an immersive experience of sounds and lights, to plunge you into the Impressionists land.
The church of Auvers
- Auvers church, the subject of Van Gogh’s world-famous painting.
- Docteur Gachet’s house and its terraced garden welcome artists who temporarily exhibit their works.
- The Boggio Workshops where the owner, artist-painter and sculptor, works. He will be happy to show you around his house and the works of his well-known great uncle Emile Boggio.
- The Absinthe museum presents how this drink was important in socio-cultural life in the 19th century.
- The Daubigny Workshop House, where the painter’s descendants still live. You can admire the scenery painted by the artist and his friends.
- The Ravoux Inn, where Van Gogh lived his last weeks.
- The Contemporary Art Gallery.
- The cemetery, Van Gogh’s last resting place.
Stroll through the streets, following in the painters’ footsteps, along the route proposed by the tourist office. You will also have the pleasure of observing a cloister, a cave house, remains, etc.